THE TRADITIONAL PATHWAY INTO TEACHING
Whether you are a recent college graduate or considering a career change, the traditional path is just for you. This pathway requires traditional student teaching over the course of a fall and spring semester. Before applying to the program, you will need to complete 45 hours of pre-program field experience* with the age group you would like to teach. For example, if you want to teach single-subject history, your hours will be with middle or high school-aged kids. This can be accomplished through a variety of opportunities such as classroom volunteering, substitute teaching, coaching, or even working with various youth group programs. You will also need to hold a bachelor's degree in any subject from an accredited college or university.
* This experience must have taken place within the last five years.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in any subject
- 45 hours (within the last 5 years) of time working with the age group of children you would like to work with
- Successful satisfy the basic skills requirement
- Successfully satisfy the subject matter competency requirement. Please read the attached document regarding testing during COVID-19 restrictions.
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
- Contact us today to learn more about applying to the credential program.