THE TRADITIONAL PATHWAY INTO TEACHING
Whether you are a recent college graduate or considering a career change, the traditional path is just for you. This pathway requires traditional student teaching over the course of a fall and spring semester. Before applying to the program, you will need to complete 45 hours of pre-program field experience* with the age group you would like to teach. For example, if you want to teach single-subject history, your hours will be with middle or high school-aged kids. This can be accomplished through a variety of opportunities such as classroom volunteering, substitute teaching, coaching, or even working with various youth group programs. You will also need to hold a bachelor's degree in any subject from an accredited college or university.
* This experience must have taken place within the last five years.
The program is available both in-person and online. Your success is our success as you prepare to enter one of the most rewarding in-demand careers today.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in any subject
- 45 hours (within the last 5 years) of time working with the age group of children you would like to teach
- Successful satisfy the basic skills requirement
- Successfully satisfy the subject matter competency requirement
- Submit a credential program application
See our comprehensive list of application requirements and prerequisites.
Application Filing Periods
|Multiple & Single Subject||December 1 - April 15||March 1 - July 15||May 1 - October 15|
|Bilingual Added Authorization - Spanish||December 1 - May 1||March 1 - July 15||May 1 - October 15|
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
- Contact us today to learn more about applying to the credential program.