About the Bilingual Authorization in Spanish (BCLAD)
Teacher Preparation Program candidates and current Teachers will have the opportunity to earn a Bilingual Authorization with their credentials beginning Spring 2021.
The Bilingual Authorization demonstrates UC Merced Extension’s awareness, sensitivity, and responsiveness to diversity in the Central Valley. Our Teacher Preparation Program Values Cultural Responsivity and is committed to meeting the needs of our diverse TK-12 learning community in the San Joaquin Valley of Central California.
Earning your BCLAD demonstrates your knowledge and skill in providing access and equity to bicultural and bilingual students in the Central Valley Schools to meet the dire need for Culturally Responsive Educators that can work with multilingual students and provide equity and access to learning in their classroom.
This authorization was developed in consultation with local school district leaders and districts who are developing or expanding their dual-language programs.
- Meet the Bilingual Authorization standards
- Emphasize knowledge, skills and abilities in language, literacy and culture needed in the dual language instructional environment
You must hold a current Multiple Subject Credential, Single Subject Credential or Education Specialist Credential to apply for the Bilingual Authorization in Spanish.
CURRICULUM AND CSET:
- EDUC X310: Bilingual & Bicultural Teaching (3 units)
- EDUC X430: Historical and Sociocultural Overview of the Spanish Fluent World (3units)
- CSET Spanish Subtest III (Exam 147)
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
- Contact us today to learn more earning your BCLAD